January 2020 commencement
Oakhill College is an Independent Catholic Secondary School conducted in the Lasallian tradition, with an enrolment of 1700 students, boys Years 7 to 10, co-educational in Years 11 and 12. Oakhill College is located in Castle Hill, NSW, and offers a wide range of subject choices and extra-curricular activities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the following permanent position commencing in Term 1, 2020.
We are seeking to appoint an innovative and skilled teacher with excellent communication skills and classroom experience. The successful applicant will have knowledge of current developments in teaching and learning and a passion and enthusiasm for teaching.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate knowledge of, and experience in, the areas listed below:
• Teaching Visual Arts;
• The ability to also teach T.A.S Stages 4-6 and/or Religious Education would be advantageous;
• Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning;
• Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment;
• Sound pedagogical practices;
• Ability to implement new syllabi;
• Managing student behavior.
The successful applicant will:
• A passion for Art and the ability to foster in students a love of the Visual Arts;
• Demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to the Mission of the Catholic School;
• Be supportive of the Lasallian ethos of the College;
• Be an experienced, innovative and engaging team member;
• Teach with excellence, professionalism and commitment;
• Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
Oakhill College offers staff a dynamic, collaborative and supportive environment. With an emphasis on community, pastoral care, development and academic excellence.
A detailed Role Description for the position is available above. Applications must be made using the “Apply Now” button below.
The application must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and details of two referees.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
Applications close Friday 20 September at 5:00pm