Maximum term till the end of Term 2, 2020 with a possible view of extension
Oakhill College is an Independent Catholic Secondary School conducted in the Lasallian tradition, with an enrolment of approximately 1800 students, boys Years 7 to 10, co-educational in Years 11 and 12. Oakhill College is located in Castle Hill, NSW, and offers a wide range of subject choices and extra-curricular activities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified educators for the following maximum term temporary full-time position, commencing 25 May 2020.
We are seeking to appoint an innovative and highly skilled teacher with excellent communication skills and classroom experience. The successful applicant will have an understanding of the education of boys and co-education in senior years, knowledge of current developments in teaching and learning and a passion and enthusiasm for teaching.
Desirable experience/qualifications may include:
• Ability to teach IPT Stage 6;
• Ability to teach IST Stage 5;
• Ability to teach Technology (Mandatory) Stage 4;
The successful applicant will:
• Demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to the Mission of the Catholic School;
• Be supportive of the Lasallian ethos of the College;
• Adhere to the Colleges Safeguarding Standards and Child Protection policies and procedures;
• Be an experienced, innovative and engaging team leader;
• Teach with excellence, professionalism and commitment;
• Have an ability to relate to girls and boys with a practical knowledge of boy’s education issues and initiatives in the foundation years (Stage 4 and 5);
• Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
Oakhill College offers staff a dynamic, collaborative and supportive environment. With an emphasis on community, pastoral care and development and academic excellence.
A detailed Role Description for the position is available above. Applications must be made using the “Apply Now” button below.
The application must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and details of two referees.
Oakhill College is committed to child safety and Safeguarding Standards. Rigorous checks will be conducted prior to confirmation of employment including; NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC), National Police Check, reference, background, identity and statutory checks.
For further enquiries regarding this position please contact Sonia Perez (Human Resources Manager) ph. 9634 0896.
Applications close Tuesday 19 May 2020 at 10:00am