January 2020 commencement
Oakhill College is an Independent Catholic Secondary School conducted in the Lasallian tradition, with an enrolment of 1700 students, boys Years 7 to 10, co-educational in Years 11 and 12. Oakhill College is located in Castle Hill, NSW, and offers a wide range of subject choices and extra-curricular activities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following permanent full-time position, commencing in January 2020.
We seek to appoint a passionate and dynamic education professional to join the Library Services team. The primary purpose of this role is to actively identify, design and lead innovative and meaningful learning experiences through the Library environment to build and support next practice education at Oakhill College. The successful applicant will have knowledge of current developments in teaching and learning with a vision to inspire, motivate and challenge students to achieve their potential. The key focus of the role is to model outstanding classroom practice by combining curriculum pedagogy with information skills to create opportunities for students to develop habits of lifelong learning as well as developing literacy across the curriculum through reading initiatives.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate experience in the areas of:
- Stages 4-6 teaching qualification and Librarianship preferred however; recent graduates or those willing to undertake further study in teacher librarianship may apply;
- Ability to facilitate innovative teaching and learning initiatives;
- Ability to coordinate initiatives such as the College’s ‘Read to Succeed challenge’ focusing on growth reading and literature skills;
- Effective use of Library systems;
- Sound ICT and online learning environment skills;
- Working constructively as a member of the Library team and collegially with teachers to assess curriculum resources and select materials for research purposes is essential;
- Working collaboratively with the Academic Heads to provide support for academic courses and related units of work;
- Participation in comprehensive pastoral and co-curricular programs;
- Managing student behaviour.
The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to the Mission of the Catholic School;
- Be supportive of the Lasallian ethos of the College;
- Be an experienced, innovative and engaging team member;
- Teach with excellence, professionalism and commitment;
- Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
Oakhill College offers staff a dynamic, collaborative and supportive environment. With an emphasis on community, Pastoral Care, development and academic excellence.
Applications must be made using the “Apply Now” button below.
The application must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and details of two referees.
Oakhill College is committed to child safety and Safeguarding Standards. Rigorous checks will be conducted prior to confirmation of employment including; NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC), National Police Check, reference, background, identity and statutory checks.
For further enquiries regarding this position please contact Sonia Perez (Human Resources Manager) ph. 9634 0896.
Applications close Wednesday 13th November 2019 at 9:00am.