Experienced school laboratory technician required to work predominately during school term time to support the Science Department.
Applications close Friday 3rd November 2017
We seek to appoint a skilled and hands-on school laboratory technician with superior communication and customer service skills. The successful applicant will be passionate about education and science and will work during school term time (Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 4:06pm) with the ability to work up to 8 additional days (during school holiday periods) per annum when required.
Key tasks include;
- Assist science teaching staff with demonstrations
- Assist science teaching staff in instructing students on use/care of equipment during science experiments
- Prepare, deliver and collect equipment from rooms
- Assist teachers and students with equipment
- Correctly store chemicals and equipment
- Make up solutions, reagents and media
- Carry out maintenance and repair of equipment
- Label chemicals in compliance with legislation
- Keep laboratories and preparation room clean and tidy
- Liaise with science teaching staff regarding their needs for practical work
- Maintain an efficient system for use and allocation of materials and equipment, setting a priority system where necessary.
Certificate IV Lab Technician in a relevant discipline (minimum requirement).
Certificate 3 in Educational Support (Science) is preferred.
Use of Chemwatch Website
Knowledge of Riskassess program
Knowledge of Chemical Safety in Schools package
The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to the Mission of the Catholic School;
- Be supportive of the Lasallian ethos of the College;
- Be an experienced, innovative and engaging team member;
- Work with excellence, professionalism and commitment;
- Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
Oakhill College offers staff a dynamic, collaborative and supportive environment. With an emphasis on community, pastoral care, development and academic excellence.
Applications must be made using the “Apply Now” button below. Applicants must upload a CV and covering letter that addresses each of the selection criteria outlined above.