Oakhill College is an Independent Catholic Secondary School conducted in the Lasallian tradition, with an enrolment of 1700 students, boys Years 7 to 10, co-educational in Years 11 and 12. Oakhill College is located in Castle Hill, NSW, and offers a wide range of subject choices and extra-curricular activities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the following permanent position commencing in Term 1, 2019.
We seek to appoint an innovative, experienced and highly skilled teacher with excellent communication skills and classroom experience. The successful applicant will have knowledge of current developments in teaching and learning and a passion and enthusiasm for teaching.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate experience in the areas of:
• Teaching Religious Education Stages 4-6;
• Teaching HSC Studies of Religion;
• Programming and writing assessments;
• Working collaboratively in a Religious Education faculty;
• Inspiring students to aspire;
• Sound pedagogical practices.
The successful applicant will:
• Have completed either undergraduate or post graduate studies in Religious Education;
• Demonstrate support of prayer and liturgy;
• Be supportive of the Lasallian ethos of the College;
• Demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to the Mission of the Catholic School;
• Be an experienced, innovative and engaging team member;
• Teach with excellence, professionalism and commitment;
• Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
Oakhill College offers staff a dynamic, collaborative and supportive environment. With an emphasis on community, pastoral care, development and academic excellence.
Applications close on Monday 10 December 2018 at noon
A detailed Role Description for the position is available above. Applications must be made using the “Apply Now” button below.
The application must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and details of two referees.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.