Permanent Full-Time Position
Oakhill College is an Independent Catholic Secondary School conducted in the Lasallian tradition, with an enrolment of 1700 students, boys Years 7 to 10, co-educational in Years 11 and 12. Oakhill College is located in Castle Hill, NSW, and offers a wide range of subject choices and extra-curricular activities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the following permanent position commencing in Term 1, 2020.
We seek to appoint an innovative and highly skilled teacher with excellent communication skills and classroom experience. The successful applicant will have knowledge of current developments in teaching and learning and a passion and enthusiasm for teaching.
• Teaching PDHPE Stages 4-6 (preferred);
• Teaching Religion Stages 4-6 (preferred);
• Planning and implementing effective teaching and learning strategies;
• Assessing, providing feedback and reporting on student learning;
• Developing teaching programs across all stages preferred however not essential;
• Ability to implement new syllabi;
• Managing student behaviour;
• Sound pedagogical practices.
The successful applicant will:
• Demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to the Mission of the Catholic School;
• Be supportive of the Lasallian ethos of the College;
• Be an experienced, innovative and engaging team member;
• Teach with excellence, professionalism and commitment;
• Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
Oakhill College offers staff a dynamic, collaborative and supportive environment. With an emphasis on community, Pastoral Care, development and academic excellence
A detailed Role Description for the position is available above. Applications must be made using the “Apply Now” button below.
The application must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and details of two referees.
Oakhill College is committed to child safety and Safeguarding Standards. Rigorous checks will be conducted prior to confirmation of employment including; NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC), National Police Check, reference, background, identity and statutory checks.
For further enquiries regarding this position please contact Sonia Perez (Human Resources Manager) ph. 9634 0896.
Applications close Monday 2 December 2019 at 5pm.