Oakhill College is an Independent Catholic Secondary School conducted in the Lasallian tradition, with an enrolment of 1700 students, boys Years 7 to 10, co-educational in Years 11 and 12. Oakhill College is located in Castle Hill, NSW, and offers a wide range of subject choices and extra-curricular activities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the following permanent position commencing in Term 1, 2019.
We seek to appoint an innovative, experienced and highly skilled music teacher with excellent communication skills and classroom experience. The successful applicant will have knowledge of current developments in teaching and learning and a passion and enthusiasm for teaching.
Experience and Responsibilities:
- Experienced Stage 4 – 6 Music teacher;
- A thorough knowledge of current pedagogy and music practices;
- Demonstrated success in program development in a music education context including the ability to initiate, co-ordinate and evaluate new programs;
- Outstanding organisational skills, ability and stamina to work in multiple teaching and performance environments;
- The ability to conduct large ensembles with a specialisation in Choir, Concert Bands and Wind/Brass/Percussion ensembles;
- Active participation in the growth of a thriving Music Department;
- Coordination of music for religious events experience is desirable;
- The ability to play the piano is advantageous;
- Experience with music technology is beneficial.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a degree in Music education;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to the Mission of the Catholic School;
- Be supportive of the Lasallian ethos of the College;
- Be an experienced, innovative and engaging team member;
- Teach with excellence, professionalism and commitment;
- Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
Oakhill College offers staff a dynamic, collaborative and supportive environment. With an emphasis on community, Pastoral Care, development and academic excellence.
Applications close Wednesday 17th April 2019 at 5:00pm
A detailed Role Description for the position is available above. Applications must be made using the “Apply Now” button below.
The application must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and details of two referees.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.