Oakhill College is an Independent Catholic Secondary School conducted in the Lasallian tradition, with an enrolment of 1700 students, boys Years 7 to 10, co-educational in Years 11 and 12. Oakhill College is located in Castle Hill, NSW, and offers a wide range of subject choices and extra-curricular activities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the following permanent position commencing in Term 1, 2019.
We seek to appoint an innovative, experienced and highly skilled teacher with excellent communication skills and classroom experience. The successful applicant will have knowledge of current developments in teaching and learning and a passion and enthusiasm for teaching.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate experience in the areas of:
- • An ability to inspire learning through exemplary classroom practice, using a range of effective pedagogies;
- • Demonstrate an ability to provide appropriate intervention to meet the learning needs of students with diverse needs;
- • A strong understanding of the processes of assessment and differentiation;
- • Demonstrate an understanding of positive behaviour approaches and an ability to have an innovative approach to support students with challenging behaviours;
- • Effective communication skills with students, parents and staff;
- • A proven ability to work collegially and effectively within a team.
The successful applicant will:
- • Hold a Special Education degree or any other relevant degree and or work experience;
- • Demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to the Mission of the Catholic School;
- • Be supportive of the Lasallian ethos of the College;
- • Be an experienced, innovative and engaging team member;
- • Teach with excellence, professionalism and commitment;
- • Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
Applications close 12 noon Monday 12 November 2018 at 9:00am
A detailed Role Description for the position is available above. Applications must be made using the “Apply Now” button below.
The application must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and details of two referees.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.