Learning Support Teacher
Temporary Full -Time Position
Terms 3 & 4, 2019 (maximum term position)
Oakhill College is an Independent Catholic Secondary School conducted in the Lasallian tradition, with an enrolment of 1700 students, boys Years 7 to 10, co-educational in Years 11 and 12. Oakhill College is located in Castle Hill, NSW, and offers a wide range of subject choices and extra-curricular activities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the following permanent position commencing in Term 1, 2019.
We seek to appoint an innovative, experienced and highly skilled Learning Support Teacher on a temporary basis for Terms 3 & 4, 2019. The successful applicant will have knowledge of current developments and innovative practices in Learning Support and teaching and learning. Along with excellent communication skills, classroom experience and a passion and enthusiasm for teaching.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate experience in the areas of:
- Proven ability to provide appropriate intervention to meet the learning needs of students with diverse needs;
- A strong understanding of the processes of assessment and differentiation;
- Demonstrate an understanding of positive behaviour approaches and an ability to have an innovative approach to support students with challenging behaviours;
- An ability to inspire learning through exemplary classroom practice, using a range of effective pedagogies;
- Effective communication skills with students, parents and staff;
- A proven ability to work collegially and effectively within a team;
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a Special Education degree or any other relevant degree and/or work experience;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to the Mission of the Catholic School;
- Be supportive of the Lasallian ethos of the College;
- Be an experienced, innovative and engaging team member;
- Teach with excellence, professionalism and commitment;
- Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
Oakhill College offers staff a dynamic, collaborative and supportive environment. With an emphasis on community, pastoral care, development and academic excellence.
Applications close Wednesday 29 May 2019 at 9:00 am
A detailed Role Description for the position is available above. Applications must be made using the “Apply Now” button below.
The application must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and details of two referees.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.