Pastoral care refers to the total care of the individual. At Oakhill, pastoral care practices are based on Catholic values and a belief in the uniqueness of each individual.
“So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
Recognition of student achievement, contribution and excellence is the most effective approach to pastoral care. Affirmation of good conduct helps to develop self-esteem, well-being and self-efficacy, while nurturing a sense of belonging.
The following are offered at Oakhill:
- A positive word
- Teacher merits
- Public recognition: in House Meetings, Homerooms, Assemblies; achievement in sport and cultural activities; premiership trophies and ribbons; State and National representation, etc…
- School Reports: Teacher and Homeroom Report comments should provide a summary of progress with positive comments on each student’s social, sporting and academic development
- Oakhill Cup House Competition
- Level Awards
- Colours Awards
- Outside Awards: these include Music Board achievements, Duke of Edinburgh, Charity Collection, Science, Maths and Writing competitions, etc…
- Principal’s Morning Tea for outstanding service to the School
Links are provided to Colours Awards, Oakhill Cup and Student Level System (junior and senior) below.