Temporary Position Terms 3-4, 2020
Oakhill College is an Independent Catholic Secondary School conducted in the Lasallian tradition, with an enrolment of approximately 1800 students, boys Years 7 to 10, co-educational in Years 11 and 12. Oakhill College is located in Castle Hill, NSW, and offers a wide range of subject choices and extra-curricular activities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified educators for the following maximum term temporary full-time position, commencing in Term 3, 2020.
We are seeking to appoint an innovative and highly skilled Acting Academic Head with excellent leadership, communication skills and classroom experience. The successful applicant will have an understanding of the education of boys and co-education in senior years, knowledge of current developments in teaching and learning and a passion and enthusiasm for teaching.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate knowledge of, and experience in, the areas listed below:
Teaching Drama across Stages 4 -6;
• Team Leadership – leading learning;
• Implementation of new syllabi;
• Developing a ‘climate of excellence’;
• Teaching and Learning;
• Staff Development;
• Communication with Parents and Students;
• Administration of a faculty;
• Ability to promote the Dramatic and Performing Arts;
• Ability and/or experience in producing and directing plays and productions;
• A thorough knowledge of current pedagogy; • Demonstrated success in program development in a Drama education context including the ability to initiate, co-ordinate and evaluate new programs; • Outstanding organisational skills, ability and stamina to work in multiple teaching and performance environments;
• HSC marking experience (advantageous);
• Willingness to contribute to the co-curricular life of the College e.g. Productions, Plays, Theatresports, and Performing Arts events.
The successful applicant will:
• Hold a degree with a specialisation in Drama education (preferred);
• Demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to the Mission of the Catholic School;
• Be supportive of the Lasallian ethos of the College;
• Be an experienced, innovative and engaging team leader;
• Teach with excellence, professionalism and commitment;
• Have an ability to relate to girls and boys with a practical knowledge of boy’s education issues and initiatives
in the foundation years (Stage 4 and 5);
• Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
Oakhill College offers staff a dynamic, collaborative and supportive environment. With an emphasis on community, Pastoral Care, development and academic excellence.
A detailed Role Description for the position is available above. Applications must be made using the “Apply Now” button below.
The application must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and details of two referees.
Oakhill College is committed to child safety and Safeguarding Standards. Rigorous checks will be conducted prior to confirmation of employment including; NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC), National Police Check, reference, background, identity and statutory checks.
For further enquiries regarding this position please contact Sonia Perez (Human Resources Manager) ph. 9634 0896.
Applications close Sunday 26 April 2020 at 5:00pm