With a possible option of an additional role
Performing Arts Coordinator (Coordinator 1)
Oakhill College is an Independent Catholic Secondary School conducted in the Lasallian tradition, with an enrolment of approximately 1800 students, boys Years 7 to 10, co-educational in Years 11 and 12. Oakhill College is located in Castle Hill, NSW, and offers a wide range of subject choices and extra-curricular activities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the following position to commence as soon as possible.
The appointment is for an initial period of up to 3 years, renewable by mutual agreement.
We seek to appoint an innovative and highly skilled Academic Head of Music with excellent leadership, communication skills and classroom experience.
The successful applicant will have an understanding of the education of boys, knowledge of current developments in teaching and learning and a passion and enthusiasm for teaching. The appointment is for an initial period of up to 3 years, renewable by mutual agreement.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate knowledge of, and experience in, the areas listed below:
• Team Leadership – leading learning;
• Implementation of new syllabi;
• Developing a climate of excellence;
• Staff Development;
• Communication with Parents and Students;
• Administration of a Faculty;
• Experienced Stage 4 – 6 Music teacher (Extension Music desirable);
• Ability to promote performing arts;
• Ability and/or experience producing and directing a school musical;
• A thorough knowledge of current pedagogy;
• Demonstrated success in program development in a music education context including the ability to initiate, co-ordinate and evaluate new programs;
• Outstanding organisational skills, ability and stamina to work in multiple teaching and performance environments;
• The ability to conduct large ensembles with a specialisation in for example Choir, Concert Bands and/or Wind/Brass/Percussion ensembles;
• Willingness to contribute to the co-curricular life of the College e.g. Masses and events.
The successful applicant will:
• Hold a degree with a specialisation in Music or CAPA education;
• Demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to the Mission of the Catholic School;
• Be supportive of the Lasallian ethos of the College;
• Have an ability to relate to girls and boys with a practical knowledge of boy’s education issues and initiatives in the foundation years (Stage 4 and 5);
• Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
Oakhill College offers staff a dynamic, collaborative and supportive environment. With an emphasis on community, pastoral care and development and academic excellence.
A detailed Role Description for the position is available above. Applications must be made using the “Apply Now” button below.
The application must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and details of two referees.
Oakhill College is committed to child safety and Safeguarding Standards. Rigorous checks will be conducted prior to confirmation of employment including; NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC), National Police Check, reference, background, identity and statutory checks.
For further enquiries regarding this position please contact Sonia Perez (Human Resources Manager) ph. 9634 0896.
Applications close on Monday 3 February 2020 at noon.