Oakhill College is an Independent Catholic Secondary School conducted in the Lasallian tradition, with an enrolment of approximately 1800 students, boys Years 7 to 10, co-educational in Years 11 and 12. Oakhill College is located in Castle Hill, NSW, and offers a wide range of subject choices and extra-curricular activities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the following position to commence as soon as possible.
The appointment is for an initial period of up to 3 years, renewable by mutual agreement.
We seek to appoint an innovative and highly skilled Academic Head of Learning Support with excellent leadership, communication skills and classroom experience. The successful applicant will have an understanding of the education of boys, knowledge of current developments in teaching and learning and a passion and enthusiasm for teaching.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate knowledge of, and experience in, the key duties and areas listed below:
• Coordinate the assessment of students with diverse learning needs in all year groups and refer students for further assessment where necessary;
• Manage NCCD compliance;
• Conduct internal testing of students with specific learning needs in all year groups;
• Establish and monitor Personal Plans for students with specific learning needs;
• Communicate and consult with students, parents and teachers regarding Personal Plans, adjustments and modifications;
• Coordinate internal learning programs and Learning Support Electives;
• Coordinate examination provision testing;
• Allocation of Learning Support staff resourcing and timetables;
• Attend various meetings including Parent/Teacher Interviews;
• Team Leadership – leading learning;
• Implementation of new syllabi;
• Developing a climate of excellence;
• Staff Development;
• Communication with Parents and Students;
• Administration of a Faculty;
• Experienced Stage 4 – 6 teacher;
The successful applicant will:
• Hold a Special Education qualification (preferable);
• Demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to the Mission of the Catholic School;
• Be supportive of the Lasallian ethos of the College;
• Adhere to Safeguarding Standards of the College;
• Have an ability to relate to girls and boys with a practical knowledge of boy’s education issues and initiatives in the foundation years (Stage 4 and 5);
• Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
Oakhill College offers staff a dynamic, collaborative and supportive environment. With an emphasis on community, pastoral care and development and academic excellence.
A detailed Role Description for the position is available above. Applications must be made using the “Apply Now” button below.
The application must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and details of two referees.
Oakhill College is committed to child safety and Safeguarding Standards. Rigorous checks will be conducted prior to confirmation of employment including; NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC), National Police Check, reference, background, identity and statutory checks.
For further enquiries regarding this position please contact Sonia Perez (Human Resources Manager) ph. 9634 0896.
Applications close on Thursday 27 February 2020 at noon.