JOB TITLE: Religious Education Teacher
NO. OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Three (3)
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position reports to the Principal and the Religious Studies Department Chair.
Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.
- Teach: Five sections of Religious Studies courses during the school year. Also likely to be asked to teach one section of summer school (3 weeks) for which teachers receive additional compensation.
- Work collaboratively with the department in the development of curriculum
- Participate in departmental and school-wide professional development initiatives (examples: technology training, Ignatian education workshops)
- Participate in the extracurricular life of the students and the school
- Teach and lead students in accordance with Ignatian educational principles and the mission of Brebeuf Jesuit
- Act as a personal example of the “Grad at Grad” qualities to which we call our students: open to growth, intellectually competent, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Studies, Theology and/or Divinity Studies
- Prior background and experience in the study, practice, and teaching of Religious Studies
- Sensitivity to diversity
- Be a practicing Roman Catholic
- Master’s Degree in any of the disciplines listed above
- Experience working in an interreligious setting