Our Lasallian Guiding Principles underpin our school spirit. They provide simple guidelines for a harmonious school community. All students carry these guiding principles on a card in their wallets and they also adorn our classroom walls in poster form. The guiding principles remind us that:
- God is our focus. God is spoken about and we give time and energy to worship and social action.
- Brothers and sisters to each other. We always take care of each other. The older students will guide and care for the younger students. The Lasallian spirit of brotherhood and sisterhood will underpin all our actions.
- Always be honest - no lying or cheating. The value of honesty is at the heart of relationships at Oakhill College.
- Respect for self, others and property. These are gifts and are sacred.
- Achievement is valued. In the cultural, academic and sporting fields, we strive to give our best effort.